Eek it’s Christmas Eve & we are all scrambling to make our final plans, wrap our last gifts, and still find time to cuddle up on the couch and watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas with a large glass of eggnog. With all this last minute planning going on, I wanted to share with you all this last minute brunch I threw together last weekend for my closest girlfriends.
When I say it was last minute, I mean I literally went to the grocery store that morning with no idea what I was going to serve. It’s so hard picking a food that everyone will like! So I chose to do a mini bagel bar with alllll the toppings. From berry cream cheese, to lox & capers we had it all & it was a huge hit! Seriously, I don’t think there is a person out there that doesn’t enjoy a bagel. A couple tips when creating your own bagel bar:
- Make sure the bagels are fresh as possible! Like wait until the last minute to pick them up. In this case, my procrastination paid off.
- Go overboard on toppings. We opted for whipped cream cheese because it’s so much easier to work with in flavors plain, berry, & garlic herb. And like I said before we had lox & capers, an assortment of meats & cheeses, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers & onions & a plate of fruit.
- Have fun with it! This was seriously one of my favorite meals I’ve ever served at a party & will definitely be bringing it out again.
THANK GOD for my sis-in-law because she killed the bar scene. My cocktail experience includes ordering Red Bull vodkas, so I was so thankful when she offered to help with the bar! She made a bomb sangria (with rosé) and curated this cute Bloody Mary bar. In her sangria she had:
- 1 bottle of Sparkling Rosé
- 6 shots of St. Germaine Liqueur
- 1 cup of Sprite
And of course we couldn’t forget about the kiddos! While they all will eat bagels, I thought it would be good to have an assortment of snacks in case one (or all) of them decided bagels weren’t their thing, that day… I prepared this cute little box full of pouches, apple sauce, fruit snacks, raisins, & juice boxes!
Lastly, we did a White Elephant gift exchange that made the party! It’s such a fun experience and everyone gets in a good laugh & gets to go home with a super cute gift! What are your last minute party go-tos?